“To educate and train for sustainable national development & promote arts and culture”
Aspiring to Excellence in Education for All.
- Act with honesty, integrity and transparency
- Be accountable for the achievement of key priorities
- Provide a quality service to our service users
- Encourage and give recognition to others
- Actively listen to our stakeholders and implementers who are at the grassroots level
- Communicate enthusiasm and energy, creating a sense of purpose for delivering agreed upon outcomes
- Be passionate about excellence
- Take responsibility for our own teams performance
- Continuously learn and develop human capital
- Work collaboratively with others sharing knowledge, skills and expectations
- Build a friendly and supportive environment which is respectful of others
- Ensure a high standard of safety for learners, staff and the public
- Be flexible and innovative in finding new ways to improve service delivery
- Create momentum and enthusiasm for change through personal visibility and energy
- Preserve through policy, procedural and budget constraints
Integrity – The directorate will implement the values of accessible and equatable quality education in all its institutions, linking these to goals enunciated under vision 2030. We will perform our duties ethically, procedurally and with integrity.
Accountability – Each institution within the Directorate will be accountable for implementing the agreed plans, through a well-developed Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) scheme.
Commitment – Every institution and every member of staff will demonstrate commitment to the Governments objectives of providing accessible, equatable and quality education for all and promote arts and culture.
Teamwork – Teamwork will be the ‘modus operandi’ for all achieving strategic objectives, as this is the most important and most effective way of working. No one should work in isolation, we are one.
Professionalism – Institutions and individuals will exercise high-levels of professionalism upholding general principles of the Public Service Charter.
Respect Empathy – Every member of the staff will show respect of opinion and work of colleagues. They will treat learners, parents and other stakeholders with dignity and politeness at all times. Embracing cultural diversity and tolerance.
Openness – We pledge to work with pure motives, truthfully, transparently and diligently. Our institutions shall be disclosing how public services are managed, and the cost and performance of specific services.